Sunday, September 6, 2009

get out of my way cause i'm gonna late shove-it

drummer looking for band to rock with. not into touring at the moment, just concentrating on the aforementioned "rocking" .

influences: 2TONMEAT, J Lazer and the Jaysters, Commonwealth for the Common Flaws, T-Bone and the Troublefakers, Lawrence Melk, Schlo-Moe Katz and his Kittenz, Dead Wong, The D-Town Bunch, Mr. Mrs Mabeline, HEAVY NESS, Little Women, Comic Card Collection Agency, World of Payne, the Munchables, Totally Alone, AXESSOR-EYES, Big Trouble In Lil's Vagina, MOON STANCE, Done With cARING, Tiny Babbles, David Chong and his Wang Stylers, Living Without Bacon, The Shakerer Upperers, COALTRAIN, Serious Miss Concept, Chance Lerouix, Todd Chalice, THE CREPES, Finished Basement, PUMP WEIGHT, Cheif Champ and the Guys, Engaged In Engleswood, GODHAND, Anal Pilot- whoops... thought I was posting on Craig's List.

It's okay... it's alright. Skateboarding, right?
I did some of that today. The skies went gray and the wind started howling. I pushed, pushed and pushed down my block. No looking back. Then I started to ollie. I ollied everything in sight. Manholes, curbs, curbs, you name it.
I paused for a brief moment to throw down a 180 no comply in front of a frat house. Red cups littered about the premises, I powerslid one out of my way.
Around the corner from the aftermath of med school destruction was the Video Library. I dropped off the movie Mrs. Smitty and I had watched the previous night. It was that Tim Burton flick, Coraline. We tried to watch it in the dark in 3-D. Turns out that was a bummer so we watched it regular stance.
These days I can't sit through any movie all the way through so I didn't see the thing in it's entirety, but what i saw wasn't bad. I know there are people out there that love the Nightmare Before Christmas so much that they get dressed up like skeletons and make ticket takers feel awkward with their nerd factor everytime the film is re-released in the theater in 3-D, which is often.
After I fled the Video Library I stopped by the WaWa to take out ten dollars from the fee free ATM. Then I went right back to ollieing. I stopped off at a parking lot for some flatground tom foolery. I really wanted to do a frontside late shuv. I tried once... no dice, but landed it on the second try. I caught the minimum amount of air necessary to secure the landing of such a trick but it felt right.
I celebrated by practicing method airs on my couch.

No comments: