Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lordz Fieldz


I hate to keep bringing up age and weight etc in regards to my maneuverability on a skateboard, but I have to do just that. Yet again! I noticed a flat tire on my bike five minutes before leaving for work and decided to ride my skateboard. I barely ollied unless to go big or go home in
centimeters, clearing cracks in the sidewalk. I decided to hit up the metal L bar covered curbs on the 30th and Market bridge. Whatever you want to call it. I noticed it was a little more waxed since the last time i had skated it: January 2009. There was so much foot traffic blocking the runway, but I managed to attack it frontside a few times.

I kept going for classic frontside 50-50 and was landing smitty. Just tweaking. I could feel my weight on the board... bending it. The only reason these trucks were moving over this seasoned ledge was fresh wax and 190 plus lbs. dude. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_75jFEpck
I did two 50-50s and got the hell out of there. People are like, "Oh you live in Philadelphia! How do you like it?"

And I always answer, "It's fine."

Naw, wait... sometimes I say: "It's just a certain kind of vibe."

I've met so many nationalities in Phila. Asians, latins, whites, blacks and even latin americans!! Case in point: Enrique Iglacious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Hye2EhzKY

No comments: